- Brazilian Zouk dance and music history, and the influence of different key people to the dance and community
- Curriculum development and how to tailor it to specific circumstances
- Basic syllabi and teaching content progression
- How and when to use certain teaching styles and methodologies
- Developing and conducting efficient warm-ups that contribute to the progression of the class
- Tailoring dance demos to every occasion
- And more!
The classes happening from 12:00 to 1:30 pm and from 3:30 to 5:00 pm are focused on explaining the dance content.
Our Basics classes will present the fundamental patterns that we consider most important to be presented to students. We'll cover ways you can teach them, the main points to focus on, the different approaches taken by different instructors around the world, and the way we teach them at District Zouk.
Take a look at what each Basics classes will cover:
We'll progress from learning the fundamental movements and mechanics of Brazilian Zouk to talking about putting together a class, thinking about how to present the content with exercises for your students.
In a nutshell, with:
- our Dance Mechanics, Body Movements Foundations, and Basics classes you'll learn WHAT and suggestions on HOW TO TEACH;
- our Curriculum classes you'll study IN WHAT ORDER TO TEACH these fundamentals, taking into consideration different scenarios;
- our Class Planning and Teaching Methods you'll learn HOW TO PLAN AND STRUCTURE a class; and
- our Class Exercises and Feedback you'll about exercises and suggestions on how to conduct a class.
On the weekend we'll have a District Zouk social to kick off the start of the week.
Monday-Wednesday we have our District Zouk classes and teams. Professional Development Week participants can join or observe some of the classes to see how our programs work.
This course is aimed at experienced dancers that already run and/or teach at local Brazilian Zouk scenes or intend to start teaching classes.
Our goal is to provide these community leaders or soon-to-be community leaders with the tools we found important to thrive.
This event is not intended to those who wish to learn more advanced combinations and patterns. It's a true event about teaching for those who want to teach and already have experience with Brazilian Zouk.
Full Package (50 hours)
- Dedicated Training in the morning and afternoon as per the schedule above;
- Opportunity to participate in District Zouk classes either as a student or as an observer and get the chance to see how we conduct our classes;
- Participate in our team lab; and
- District Zouk Social on August 18th.
Early bird 1 - USD 1,080.00
Early bird 2 - USD 1,140.00
Full price - USD 1,200.00
Dedicated Training Only (30 hours)
Early bird 1 - USD 900.00
Early bird 2 - USD 950.00
Full price - USD 1,000.00
If you sign up with a partner you both can pay a discounted price, as below:
Full package: USD 2,160.00
Dedicated Training Only: USD 1,800.